About Mike Rodems
Mike’s experience as an entrepreneur, founder and CEO, coupled with his public accounting background, CPA and consulting experience, and the CFO positions he has held in various industries, enables him to draw on his own real experience as well as his financial skills. When working with business owners, Mike has walked in their shoes so he understands their issues and concerns as well as the demands on their time and resources.
Mike started his professional career with Price Waterhouse working with various clients in manufacturing, distribution, and contracting, as well as non-profit entities in Buffalo, NY. He then obtained industry experience with roles as Controller and CFO in high-tech, medical homecare, manufacturing, distribution and contracting companies. He started his own CPA/Consulting firm in Maryland, concentrating on providing CFO services for a select group of clients.
An entrepreneur at heart, he started new businesses from scratch on several occasions, and one was recognized as #894 on Inc. Magazine 500/5000 list of fastest growing companies. Currently, Mike is utilizing his varied and real life experiences as a partner with B2B CFO®, the largest organization in the world that provides CFO services.
Mike has expertise in developing financial forecasts that have been used to raise capital and support business plans. He has held key positions as the financial, operations and marketing officer of companies in several industries. He has hands on experience in all stages of a business including start up, rapid growth and other challenging situations. Mike’s experience as an owner, CFO, public accountant/consultant allows him to call upon real experience to address the various needs of clients. He believes in building long term relationships based on honesty, integrity, objectivity and trust.
Mike has spent most of his professional career with small to mid-sized companies, so he understands their culture, business issues and limited resources. His areas of expertise include the following:
- Business plan development and execution
- Acquisitions, start-ups and new business development
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
- Activity based costing
- Open book management
- Information system selection, design and implementation
- Operational & financial analysis
- Incentive plan design and implementation
- Financing and bank relationship management
- Cash flow management strategies
Mike earned his B.A. from LeMoyne College in Syracuse, NY. He received his CPA license in Maryland and New York. He has been a member of Vistage (formerly TEC), an international organization of CEOs, for the past 16 years. Mike also is a Certified Business Specialist in Entrepreneurial Strategies with the Academy of Business Strategy. He resides in Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo) with his wife of 34 years. He has two adult children, regularly plays ice hockey and golf, and enjoys sailing and skiing.
- LeMoyne College
Certificates & Licenses:
- BA Business/Accounting
- CPA – Maryland
- CPA – New York
- CBS – Entrepreneurial Strategies
- Vistage International
Articles by Mike Rodems
- Finders, Minders and Grinders
- Disappearing Cash and How to Manage it
- Exiting During a Tsunami?
- Another Millionaire “Thief” – Don’t let this happen to you!
- To be a winner – You need to track your stats
- No Cash, No Flow, No Plan – No Go!
- Can a consultant become part of a Company?
- Treat Cash like an Entrepreneur at all Stages in a Business’ Life
- Financial Intelligence
- When Should a Small Business Hire a Finance Chief? – The New York Times
- About B2B CFO Services
- Adjusting to Changing Conditions
- What is really needed in an organization?
- Entrepreneurship – Is it worth the risk?